Starting April 13, foreign visitors to Bukhansan Mountain on days between Thursday and Sunday can borrow hiking shoes free of charge. This rental service is a test trial operated by Gangbuk-gu County Office for this spring. Depending on the results, this service may reopen in fall.
Hiking shoes are available in sizes 230mm to 290mm and are thoroughly disinfected and cleaned before each use.
Users can make online reservations using Naver Reservations or Blackyak Ui Branch. On-site rental is also available.
Period: April 13 – May 30, 2021 (Thursday – Sunday)
Address: (Blackyak Ui Branch 1F) 52, Samyang-ro 173-gil, Gangbuk-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 강북구 삼양로 173길 52)
Rental info: Show identification card and pay 50,000 won deposit
1. Make online or on-site reservations at Blackyak Ui Branch
2. Check reservation and show identification card
3. Borrow hiking shoes and receive rental card (deposit fee: 50,000 won)
4. Hike Bukhansan Mountain and then return shoes
* Identification card includes passports and any document that can verify identification
* Hiking shoes available in sizes 230mm to 290mm (285mm unavailable)
Website: map.naver.com (Korean, English)
1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Vietnamese, Thai, Malay)