The 8th UCLG ASPAC (United Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific) Congress will convene in conjunction with an International Conference titled “From Steady Recovery to Sustained Prosperity in Post COVID Asia Pacific.” It is organised by UCLG ASPAC and hosted by the Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries (CPAFFC) and Zhengzhou Municipal People’s Government, with support and participation from partners at the regional and global levels. And it will be held from 7 to 9 September 2021.
To enliven the 8th UCLG ASPAC Congress and raise awareness of COVID-19’s responses and recovery, a photo competition will be held. This photo competition is expected to capture the recovery efforts from the COVID-19 pandemic. It is also open to the public and participants could submit their photos virtually/online.
The main theme of the 8th UCLG ASPAC Congress is “From Steady Recovery to Sustained Prosperity in Post-COVID-19 Asia Pacific.”
Drawn from the main theme, there are 4 categories of theme for the photo competition, with 1 winner in each category, namely:
1. Community Efforts on COVID-19 Recovery (Participants need to be able to capture photos that show the joint efforts of the community/grassroots in dealing with the pandemic)
2. Economic and COVID-19 Recovery (Participants need to be able to capture photos that convey the economic situations of people during the pandemic)
3. Creativity in Crisis (Participants need to be able to capture photos that portray the creativity of people to cope and maintain their livelihood during this pandemic)
4. Blessing in Disguise (Participants need to be able to capture photos illustrating the ‘blessing in disguise’ from COVID-19 pandemic.
Rules and Regulations
1. The photo/s must be original, created, and/or taken by the participant;
2. The submitted photo/s must be free of any binding agreement with a third party, such as any forms of copyright.
3. The applying artists accept the stipulations of the Event rules and regulations wholly and absolutely;
4. UCLG ASPAC reserves the right to review the suitability of the participants to the criteria and to rule in any dispute that may arise at any time on this issue.
Intellectual and Property Rights
1. No commercial use will be made of the photographs, and UCLG ASPAC ensures that all the commercial rights will remain in the possession of the participants
2. Other than that, by participating in this photo competition, participants give UCLG ASPAC the right to obtain international, royalty-free usage rights from selected photos for use in any media, including but not limited to promotional materials and internal and external publicity, in print publications, audio-visual publications, websites, regular electronic publications and social media services in any language produced by or on behalf of UCLG ASPAC and its third parties
1. All photos must be submitted via email to email@example.com, no later than Sunday, 08 August 2021 at 23.59 PM (Jakarta Time/GMT+7)
2. With email subject: UCLG ASPAC Photo Competition_[Name of Applicants]. (E.g., Email Subject: UCLG ASPAC Photo Comperition_John Doe)
3. Each participant (identified by the email address and short bio provided) may submit a max of 3 (three) photos only.
4. Participants must provide the description of each photo in the body email (Max. 100 words/ photo)
1. If the submitted images include minors, or models/subjects incapable of explicitly consenting to being photographed, the applying participant may be required to provide a written consent of the subject’s parents/custodians to use the image, according to circumstances.
2. The photo/s should be in high quality (Min. 10 MB), to be submitted in JPG format.
1. Application opens on 22 June 2021 and closes at 23.59, 08 August 2021, Jakarta time (GMT +7)
2. The winner of every category will be announced during the 8th UCLG ASPAC Congress on Thursday, 9 September 2021.
3. UCLG ASPAC reserves the right to change these dates, and to publish the new dates on the UCLG ASPAC’s website and/or social media.
Should you have any questions and/or clarifications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject: Photo Competition_Questions_[Name]. (E.g., Email Subject: Photo Competition_ Questions_John Doe)
For more detailed information, please click here (the guideline).