K-ETA, or Korea Electronic Travel Authorization, is a mandatory requirement to enter Korea for visitors from visa-free countries. Currently, K-ETA is applicable to citizens from 112 countries, which consist of 66 visa-free and 46 visa-waiver countries. Visitors from those countries must have a K-ETA issued before getting on the airplane or ship. K-ETA can be applied via official website or mobile application.
Recently, there have been cases of fake websites that look very similar to the K-ETA official website scamming users into paying unreasonably expensive application fees. The official cost of K-ETA is 10,000 won, or approximately $9.00 (USD).
1) Valid passport
2) Valid E-mail address
3) Portrait photo
* If applying via PC, upload the photo file; if applying via mobile application, take a photo using your phone camera
4) Application fee is accepted via credit or debit card (10,000 won or approx. $9-10 USD per person)
K-ETA Application Process
Official K-ETA Website: www.K-ETA.go.kr
Mobile Application: K-ETA
1. Requirement: Must apply for K-ETA at least 72 hours prior to departure
2. Note: According to K-ETA website, it takes approximately 72 hours to process the application, so for those wanting to enter Korea through visa-free or visa-waiver program, it is recommended to apply in advance.
* Individual and group applications possible. For a group application, the head of the tour can apply for up to 30 members of the group
3. Additional information: K-ETA is not required for those who are not entering Korea and only stopping for transit.