People travel for various reasons; some want to try unique foods, others are looking to experience a new culture. Whatever the reason, vacations should have one thing in common: rest! In fact, the need to relax and escape from your busy life can make retreat vacations all the more important! If you’re feeling the stress and anxiety of our current situation, then take time to stop and breathe. Stay at home and when you’re ready, come to Korea for a wellness vacation.
Healience Seonmaeul Resort in Hongcheon, Gangwon-do
Healience Seonmaeul Resort is located on the gentle slope of a mountain in Hongcheon, Gangwon-do. As you travel up the winding road to the resort, you’ll notice an alert on your phone saying “No service.” Healience Seonmaeul Resort is one of the few places where mobile cell service is intentionally blocked. With no distractions at hand, you’ll be able to fully enjoy the resort’s landscape, with beautiful flowers, trees, and rock walls decorating the areas around the facilities.
Healience Seonmaeul Resort is located within a forest on Jongjasan Mountain at 250 meters above sea level, similar to longevity villages around the world. With all cell phone services being blocked and no TVs or internet available, the resort aims to provide an environment where guests can look inward without external distractions. Of course, if you must use the internet, you can use Wi-Fi available in the business center on the second floor of the Welcome Center. For safety and communication with other guests at the resort, interphones are located throughout the grounds and are free to use. Another important thing to note is that all guests must wear the daily hanbok uniform provided upon check-in.
Healience Seonmaeul Resort offers wellness programs all focused on the concept of rest. The most popular option is Rest Stay, an overnight experience that offers an open schedule for guests to participate in the programs they would like. Fill up your time with meditation, yoga, forest trekking, watching a movie, relaxing at the spa, and dining. There are no cars allowed in the resort, so you’ll have to make your way from building to building on foot. As the resort is on a slope, you’ll end up walking up and down the paths many times. While it may seem excessively difficult, this is all part of Healience Seonmaeul Resort’s aim at creating a healthier you.
- Address: 122, Jongjasan-gil, Hongcheon-gun, Gangwon-do (강원도 홍천군 서면 종자산길 122)
- Directions: Take the shuttle bus from Jamsil Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 5 (Travel time approx. 1hr 30 min)
* Advanced reservation and payment required (Round-trip 5,000 won / One-way 3,000 won)
* Operates daily; Jamsil Station departure 12:00 / Healience Seonmaeul departure 14:00
- Operating hours: Check-in 15:00 / Check-out 11:00 (Open all year round)
- Room rates: Rest Stay (1 night + 3 meals + programs + facility use + daily hanbok set) starting at 205,000 won for one room (2 guests)
* Programs change monthly; please refer to the official website for details
- Inquiries: +82-1588-9983 (Korean, English)
- Website: www.healience.co.kr (Korean, English)
Cypress Forest Healingtopia in Seongnam, Gyeonggi-do
In our modern world, it’s easy for toxins to accumulate in your body. The best way to get rid of these impurities is by sweating them out, and Cypress Forest Healingtopia is just the place to do so! Located just outside of Seoul, Healingtopia offers multiple courses for healing from head to toe. The signature course is the Basic Course, which starts with a consultation to look into your individual health needs in a variety of areas. The course then continues to include a resonance spa, germanium spa, foot bath, and cypress enzyme spa, each for 20 minutes.
The highlight of the course is the cypress enzyme spa, which uses cypress sawdust. Cypress is known to raise one’s body temperature, increase blood circulation, and boost the basal metabolism. These benefits make the cypress enzyme spa great for skin care, anti-aging, and the treatment of atopy and obesity. Therefore, it is extremely recommended. After you have experienced all of the spas, you can gather the results of your health consultation and compare with your body condition after the course.
- Address: 375, Dallaenae-ro, Sujeong-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 성남시 수정구 달래내로 375)
- Directions: Take Bus No. 4432 from Cheonggyesan Station (Shinbundang Line) to Yetgol Bus Stop / Approx. 4 min by taxi from Cheonggyesan Station (Shinbundang Line)
- Operating hours: 10:00-21:00 (Open all year round)
* Closed for remodeling until June 7, 2020; please inquire before visiting
- Fees:Basic course 70,000 won / Discounted basic course 50,000 won / Etc.
- Inquiries:+82-1522-0555 (Korean only)
- Website:www.healing-topia.com (Korean only)
Chuidasun Resort in Seogwipo, Jeju-do
Chuidasun Resort, focusing on tea and meditation, is located in Seongsan-eup on the southern side of the pristine Jeju Island. The resort offers both day and overnight programs; please be aware that children under 8 years of age are not permitted to stay at the resort to facilitate a comfortable stay for all guests
The first wellness program, Chuidasun Morning Meditation, starts at 7AM. The program allows participants the time and space to take a deeper look at their lives and consider what happiness means to them while drinking tea. Additional programs include meditation through movement, a tea ceremony experience, and yoga. The guestrooms and amenities all feature carefully selected tea for guests and visitors to enjoy. Nearby attractions include Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak, Ojori Old Harbor, and Gwangchigi Beach along Jeju Olle-gil Course 2.
- Address:2688, Haemajihaean-ro, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do (제주특별자치도 서귀포시 성산읍 해맞이해안로 2688)
- Directions: Take Bus No. 111 or 112 from Jeju International Airport Gate 1 to Seongsanpohang Passenger Terminal Bus Stop (Free pick-up service from the terminal)
- Operating hours: Check-in 16:00 / Check-out 11:00 (Open all year round)
* No Kids: guests ages 7 and younger not permitted
- Fees: Double room starting from 130,000 won (Sunday-Thursday)
* Wellness program included in room rates
* Wellness programs available without stay (Meditation 15,000 won / Yoga 15,000 won / Tea ceremony 15,000 won / Etc.)
* English service available for all programs
* Refer to the official website for program details
- Inquiries: +82-64-735-1600 (Korean only)
- Website: www.chuidasun.com (Korean only)