It's only natural to want to know everything about someone you adore. Fans' admiration for their favorite celebrities is not any different. For Hallyu fans who want to feel connected with their favorite stars in every way, we uncovered a few places frequented by popular k-pop stars.
EXO Sehun's pick - Cofioca
The enthusiasm stars and fans have for Cofioca is overwhelming. Known as EXO member Sehun's favorite bubble tea shop in Apgujeong, Cofioca's interior walls are plastered with autographs, messages from fans, and celebrity photos. According to the shop owner, Sehun's favorite menu is chocolate colada. With behind-the-scenes stories as told by the shop's amiable owner and celebrity cup sleeves, this place is must-go for K-pop fans.
- Address: 31, Seolleung-ro 161-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 강남구 선릉로161길 31)
- Directions: Apgujeongrodeo Station (Bundang Line), Exit 6. Walk for approx. 6 min.
- Operating hours: Wednesday-Monday 09:30-22:00 / Tuesdays 12:30-22:00
BTS' pick – Yoojung Sikdang
Yoojung Restaurant has been frequented by BTS even before the group's debut. The restaurant rose to popularity among fans after BTS mentioned it on air shortly after their debut. Now, the place is filled with traces left by BTS and gifts from their fans.
BTS’ favorite menus are ssambap (vegetable wraps & rice) and heukdoeji dolsot bibimbap (hot pot black pork bibimbap), dubbed as “Bangtan jeongsik (set menu).” It’s not a rare scene to see fans choose the table once occupied by BTS in hopes of getting as close as possible to their beloved stars. The restaurant is visited by both domestic and international fans alike, eager to try out BTS’ favorite foods.
- Address: 14, Dosan-daero 28-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 강남구 도산대로28길 14)
- Directions: Hakdong Station (Seoul Subway Line 7), Exit 7. Walk for approx. 10 min.
- Operating hours: Monday-Friday 08:30-21:30 / Saturday-Sunday 08:30-19:00
BIGBANG's pick - Hongdae Chosun Hwaro
Once a restaurant well-known for its grilled ribs, Chosun Hwaro is now famous for being a popular dining place among celebrities, especially BIGBANG. Due to its location in close proximity to YG company, one of Korea's major music production agencies, several celebrities under YG are regular customers of the restaurant. Autographs and photos of BIGBANG and other popular stars decorate the wall, proving its fame.
- Address: 5, World Cup buk-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 마포구 월드컵북로 5)
- Directions: Hongik Univ. Station (Seoul Subway Line 2, Airport Railroad, Gyeongui-Jungang Line), Exit 1. Walk for approx. 5 min.
- Operating hours: 11:30-02:00 next day
Idol cafeteria, Cheongdam Gol
Cheongdamgol is situated near a production agency and due to frequent visits from the agency's artists, the restaurant is jokingly referred to as an idol cafeteria. Several idols mentioned that this is where they visit when they crave a home-cooked meal. The meal comes served with a warm stew along with various side dishes, enough to leave one with a full stomach. With a table full of heartwarming dishes, it's not a mystery why Cheongdam Gol is a favorite of many celebrities.
- Address: 48, Seolleung-ro 148-gil, Gangnam-gu (서울특별시 강남구 선릉로148길 48)
- Directions: Gangnam-gu Office Station (Seoul Subway Line 7), Exit 4. Walk for approx. 15 min.
- Operating hours: Monday-Friday 10:30-22:30 / Saturday-Sunday 10:30-22:00 (Last order 30 minutes before closing)
GOT7 Yugyeom's pick – Jilhal Bros
GOT7's youngest member Yugyeom's favorite eat-out place is halal food restaurant Jilhal Bros. Fans have frequently witnessed Yugyeom at the Apguejong branch as it is located near JYP building, GOT7's production agency. Among the many menus to choose from, Yugyeom's recommended menu is the combo rice. The menu is a delicious combination of chicken and lamb, praised as a soul food by Yugyeom himself during interviews and appearances in reality shows.
- Address: 32, Apgujeong-ro 79-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 강남구 압구정로79길 32)
- Directions: Apgujeong Rodeo Station (Bundang Line), Exit 2. Walk for approx. 15 min.
- Operating hours: 11:00-22:00