On January 5, 2021, KORAIL introduced a new fleet of KTX trains to the Jungang Line.
Previously, it would take 3 hours and 54 minutes to travel from Cheongnyangni to Andong, however, the new KTX trains shortened the travel time to 2 hours. On average, the new KTX trains take 1 hour and 8 minutes from Cheongnyangni Station to Jecheon Station, 1 hour and 45 minutes to Yeongju Station, and 2 hours and 3 minutes to Andong Station.
Travel times for the Mugunghwa train shortened as well. On average, trains to Andong Station are 48 minutes faster, 19 minutes faster to Jecheon Station, and 22 minutes faster to Taebaek Station.
The KTX train travels from Cheongnyangni and stops at Yangpyeong, Seowonju, Wonju, Jecheon, Danyang, Punggi, Yeongju, and Andong Stations. On weekdays, the train runs 14 times, 7 to Cheongnyangni and 7 to Andong. On weekends, it runs 16 times, 8 to Cheongnyangni and 8 to Andong.
- Standard class car: Cheongnyangni to Andong 25,100 won / Yeongju 21,800 won / Jecheon 15,400 won
- First-class car: Cheongnyangni to Andong 30,100 won / Yeongju 26,200 won / Jecheon 18,500 won
* Above fares apply until the end of 2022
* Additional information on fares available on the KORAIL website
* Special 10% discount on KTX and Mugunghwa tickets for the Jungang Line between January 5-18